Recipe courtesy of My Saratoga Kitchen Table
All Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 1 package of homemade ravioli (about 10)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ½ Tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Optional: ½ Tablespoon of Peperonciono sott’olio from Dancing Ewe Farm
- Bring water to a boil. Add ravioli stirring so it doesn’t stick, and water returns to a boil. Cook pasta until it is tender about 4 to 5 minutes. Test the pasta after 3 minutes if you prefer it al dente. Drain and reserve 2 Tablespoons of the pasta water to create a sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until light brown. Do not burn the garlic. Add the reserved pasta water. Gently mix in the ravioli. Sprinkle in the parsley and basil. If using Peperonciono, top the dish after plating.
Notes: Peperonciono sott’olio can be purchased from the Dancing Ewe Farm or add ½ Tablespoon of red pepper flakes when you add the garlic. Top with favorite Pecorino (made from sheep’s milk) cheese, e.g. Pecorino Riserva.