Recipe provided by M&A Farm
Prep & cook time: 15 min
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 4 large eggs*
● 4 egg whites*
● 2 TBSP milk*
● ½ tsp salt, divided
● ¼ tsp pepper, divided
● 1 cup shiitake mushrooms*, sliced
● 1 cup asparagus*, chopped into pieces
● 1 cup bacon*, cooked and chopped
● ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme* leaves
● 1 TBSP chopped parsley* leaves (reserve some for garnish)
● ½ cup chevre* (or another soft cheese*), crumbled into tiny pieces
1. Preheat broiler and place top rack 4-5” from the element. Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, ¼ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper and set aside.
2. On the stove top, melt butter over medium-high heat in an iron skillet. Add vegetables and saute until they begin to soften for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the bacon, thyme, half of the parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch of pepper, and cook stirring 1 more minute.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and stir to evenly spread the veggies around. Let it cook, about 3-4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top.
4. Place skillet under the broiler until eggs are slightly puffed and cheese begins to bubble and brown, 3-4 minutes. Watch carefully. Remove from the oven, slide frittata onto a serving platter. Garnish with remaining parsley. Slice and serve.