Recipe by The Roasted Root, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar*
- 1 Tablespoon honey*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the chicken and butternut squash:
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders or breasts*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash*, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Salad:
- 5 ounces of fresh baby spinach*
- ½ cup raw pecan halves
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 large green apple*, cored and sliced
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl until smooth.
- For the chicken and butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Place chicken in a casserole dish. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano, and paprika. Place the squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Roast the squash and chicken in the oven for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden brown. Continue to cook the chicken until cooked through.
- For the Salad: Place spinach in a bowl or on individual plates. Top with pecans, raisins, squash, chicken, and apples. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market