Recipe by The Roasted Root, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
For the Vinaigrette:
● ¼ cup olive oil*
● 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar*
● 1 Tablespoon maple syrup*
● ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the chicken and butternut squash:
● 1 pound boneless chicken tenders or breasts*
● 1 Tablespoon olive oil*
● 1 teaspoon oregano
● 1 teaspoon paprika
● 2 teaspoons olive oil*
● 2 cups butternut squash*, peeled and chopped
● ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Salad:
● 5 ounces of fresh baby spinach*
● ½ cup raw pecan halves
● ¼ cup golden raisins
● 1 large green apple*, cored and sliced
1. For the vinaigrette: Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl until smooth.
2. For the chicken and butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Place chicken in a casserole dish. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano, and paprika. Place the squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Roast the squash and chicken in the oven for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden brown. Continue to cook the chicken until cooked through.
3. For the Salad: Place spinach in bowl or on individual plates. Top with pecans, raisins, squash, chicken and apples. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.