Recipe by Andy Baraghani, Bon Appetit, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 2 1-inch boneless New York Strip steaks*
● 2 Tablespoons olive oil*, plus more for drizzling
● Kosher salt
● 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
● 4 sprigs thyme*
● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
● 6 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
● 1½ teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
● 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
● 1 teaspoon plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
● 1½ cup plain Greek yogurt*
● 8 ounces radishes*, cut into wedges and slices
● 1 cup parsley* leaves with tender stems
1. Let steak sit at room temperature 20 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat a dry large skillet over medium-high. Rub steaks with 2 Tablespoons oil. Season generously with kosher salt. Cook, turning several times until lightly charred 6-8 minutes. Pour off excess oil from the skillet. Add butter, thyme, garlic, and cardamon, and cook steaks, tilting skillet and basting with foaming butter, until medium-rare, about 3 minutes. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve pan drippings.
3. Mix lemon zest and 1 teaspoon lemon juice with yogurt in a small bowl, season generously with kosher salt.
4. Just before serving, toss radishes, parsley, and the remaining 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season with kosher salt, drizzle with oil, and toss again to coat.
5. Swipe plate with seasoned yogurt and top with steak and radishes and sea salt.