Recipe provided by Trouvaille Eats & Sweets
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: 30 min
Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary*
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese*
- 1 cup of buttermilk*
- 1 whole large egg*
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease and flour a round baking tray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, pepper) with rosemary & cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk.
- Using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough into the shape of a ball. Cut an “x” on top of the dough ball and place it on the baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market