By Jodie Fitz
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and there’s nothing like showing a little extra love with a homemade breakfast served at the kitchen counters or in bed. The Saratoga Farmers’ Market has a wide variety of locally grown and produced goods for whatever your perfect breakfast combo might include.
Bacon & Sausage
Discover these savory delicacies at:
● Grazin’ Acres Farm has maple breakfast links
● Jireh Organics & Livestock of NY’s bacon and ground sausage
● Long Lesson Farm has bacon and breakfast sausage
Breads and other baked goods
Various baked goods are useful in recipes or purchased ready-to-eat.
● The Bread Butler’s assorted breads are great for toast and French toast and their chocolate croissants are a breakfast win.
● Katie Bakes Gluten Free has bagels, muffins, and scones
● Kokinda Farm’s assorted baked breads
● Night Work Bread’s sourdough bread and other baked goods such as bagels, scones, babka
● Parchment has brioche-style cardamom bread, which is delicious toasted or for French toast and other baked goods.
● Sweet Treats by Jennifer’s English muffin bread and cinnamon buns
● The Argyle Cheese Farmer’s blueberry danish and cinnamon buns
Coffee is a must on most breakfast trays (wink), and you’ll find locally roasted beans at Nally Coffee.
Find farm-fresh eggs at:
● Jireh Organics & Livestock of NY
● Kokinda Farm
● Hepatica Farm
● Squash Villa Farm
While it’s not growing season, Saratoga Apple has fresh choices direct from cold storage, like fresh apples, dried apples, and applesauce.
Hash browns always make a delicious side dish, and you can grab locally grown items to bake or fry them:
● Gomez Veggie Ville’s potatoes, onion & kale
● Grazin’ Acres Farm’s potatoes
● Lovin’ Mama Farm’s potatoes, onions, kale, spinach & herbs
● Muddy Trail Jerky Co’s spice mixes
Honey is the perfect sweetener for tea and to top off some of your baked goods or to use in recipes like pancakes as an alternative sweetener.
● Ballston Lake Apiary has honey and honey sticks
● Slate Valley Farm has honey
Pancakes and syrup are a popular winter treat, and the market has both pancake mix and the ever-popular maple syrup.
● Sweet Treats by Jennifer brings pancake batter
● Slate Valley Farm has maple syrup
Smoothies, yogurt, and granola are perfect for parfaits:
● The Argyle Cheese Farmer has smoothies and assorted yogurts
● Sweet Treats by Jennifer makes granola
Other baking supplies:
● The Argyle Cheese Farmer makes buttermilk
● Muddy Trail Jerky Co. has vanilla
● Kokinda Farm has homemade jams and jellies
● Saratoga Peanut Butter varieties
This Week’s Recipe: Farmers’ Market Frittata
The Saratoga Farmers’ Market will be open on Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. from November through April at the Wilton Mall Food Court, accessible from the mall entrance across from BJs or the mall interior. Find us online at www.saratogafarmersmarket.org, where you can sign up for our weekly newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.