Adapted from the recipe on www.theblondcook.com
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 2 large yellow onions*, cut in half and sliced
● 2 garlic cloves*, minced
● 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
● 2 medium-size potatoes*, unpeeled and thinly sliced
● 3 medium tomatoes*, thinly sliced
● 1 cup semi-soft artisan cheese*, shredded (anything that melts well)
● 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme*
● Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in a skillet. Spread the onion and garlic mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Evenly arrange the vegetable slices vertically and tightly in the casserole dish, alternating vegetables.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes (uncovered), or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.