Recipe shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups milk*
- ⅓ cup maple syrup*
- 1 egg*
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 apples*, peeled and cut into slices
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, egg, 2 Tablespoons of melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the raisins and ¼ cup of dried cranberries on top of the apples. Cover with oats. Spread the oats evenly over the apples. Drizzle the milk mixture over the top of the oats. Top with walnuts, cinnamon, and remaining raisins and cranberries.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the mixture is set. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted butter and enjoy!
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market