Recipe courtesy of Barb Biagioli, board-certified holistic health coach and nutrition consultant
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
For the pasta salad:
● 1 box green lentil pasta, cooked
● 1 cup cherry tomatoes*, halved
● 1 zucchini*, cubed
● 1 yellow squash*, cubed
● 1 cup spinach*, chopped
● ½ cup basil*, chopped
● ½ cup walnuts, chopped
For the dressing:
● ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
● ¼ cup olive oil*
● ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
● 2 garlic cloves*
● 1 tsp sea salt
- Cook the pasta according to the directions and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cooled pasta, chopped vegetables, herbs, and nuts. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and sea salt in a blender or food processor. Pulse or blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Add the dressing to the large mixing bowl of pasta and vegetables. Toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill for an hour and enjoy!