By Abra Berens, Ruffage
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 4 ears corn (2 cups) fresh kernels*
● ¼ cup olive oil*
● Salt and freshly ground pepper
● ½ loaf crusty bread*
● 2 Tablespoons butter*
● 1 quart cherry tomatoes* halved, or 3 to 4 slicing tomatoes, diced, or use both
● 1 cucumber* cut into half-moons
● 2 cups fresh herbs* (basil, parsley, mint, chives, mint, thyme, rosemary) stemmed, leaves left whole
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the corn with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and grind of pepper. Spread the corn on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through about 12 to 15 minutes.
Cut or tear the bread into pieces and toss with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. On another baking pan, spread the bread and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Toss the hot bread with the butter so it melts and coats the bread.
Toss the bread with the corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs and salt and pepper. Add a splash of vinegar if needed.