Adapted from recipe in Bon Appetit
Serves: 2 pies
*Ingredients available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 2 garlic cloves, finely grated*
• ⅓ cup olive oil*
• 12 ounces grated low-moisture mozzarella (about 3 cups)*
• 5½ ounces grated Fontina (about 2 cups)*
• Flour for dusting
• 1 pound 6 ounces store bought pizza dough, halved room temperature
• Cornmeal for sprinkling
• kosher salt and ground pepper
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, divided*
• 4 ounces young broccoli rabe (trimmed, divided) or 3 cups kale, or Swiss chard, divided*
• finely grated Parmesan*
• 1½ teaspoons finely chopped oregano, divided*
1. Place a rack in upper third of oven, preheat to 500 degrees. Place a 12 inch cast-iron skillet in oven and preheat 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix garlic and oil in a small bowl. Mix mozzarella and Fontina in a medium bowl.
3. Using lightly floured hands, stretch 1 piece of dough out on a lightly floured surface to an 11 inch round.
4. Remove skillet from oven and sprinkle pan with cornmeal (enough to cover most of the surface). Carefully set dough snugly in pan, Some of the dough may overlap. Brush dough with garlic-oil. Season with salt and pepper. top dough with 2 cups cheese mixture, half of spring onions, half greens. Top with another ½ cup cheese mixture, season with more pepper.
5. Reduce heat to 425 degrees and bake pizza until crust is beginning to turn golden and cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes. Crack 1 egg onto center of pizza, season with salt. Continue to bake until whites are set and crust is golden brown., 5-6 minutes.
6. Transfer pizza to a cutting board and brush edges with more garlic-oil (reserve remaining garlic-oil for second pizza). Top pizza with Parmesan and half of oregano. Using a microplane grate a little lemon zest over top of pizza. Sprinkle cast-iron pan with cornmeal and make a second pizza with remaining dough and ingredients.